7.13.2012

Candlelit Marshmallows

I didn't update last night because power went out on the entire block. And the park across the street, but I'm still trying to figure out what they needed to power over there.

Don't worry, Mom, I worked on Appendix 8 before the power went all wonky.

I cooked myself a lovely dinner last night, chicken legs and bok choy. Super delicious and very moist and COOKED ALL THE WAY THROUGH. All you have to do is set the oven for 375, rub salt and pepper (and garam masala if you're like me) and stick in the oven for 30-40 minutes. Simple, simple, SIMPLE! Cooking the bok choy was also very easy. Cut a head in half (lengthwise) and place several of these into a microwave safe bowl. Add several tablespoons of water and cover the bowl loosely in saran wrap. Microwave for 4-5 minutes. Voila. EASY DINNER.
Super easy.


What's dinner without dessert? I made BANANA S'MORES. (I do have pictures of all of this, they're just on my phone and such.) Right after I pulled my banana s'mores out of the oven, the power went kaput. Twice. The entire block.

So I finished my marshmallow confection in the dark.
I took this picture before the power went out.
I FINISHED MY VISA APPLICATION THIS MORNING. Yaaaaaay. And then I went to work. I took the 21 Hayes (again, to avoid that bus driver) and got in to work a couple hours early. So I stopped at a Starbucks, ordered a coffee and sat down to get into 1Q84 (refer to earlier post).

That book is getting interesting. It's totally unpredictable in a fabulous way. I can't wait to read it on the bus tomorrow.

Today, I was working the 3-9 closer shift. I walked into work, clocked in and started making sandwiches. Piglets and mousetraps were my game. And as soon as we opened, serving tons of booze to 22 year olds was the new game. Seriously, almost everyone ordered alcohol was no more than 22 tonight. I was getting those driver license that were still vertical. A lot of alcohol. So much was sold. Hooolllyyy crap.

Anyway. I walked to the bus after I got off work because none of the taxis driving by were open. The dogs were very happy to see me, insisting on food and dragging me several blocks around the Panhandle.

Thankfully, it's time to sleep for me.

Love,
Henna


No comments:

Post a Comment